Sunday, April 27, 2008

Random things I hate at this very moment.

In no particular order:

  • The .mkv file format: Apparently this is a new format for hi-def video, and I don't know if it's my video card or the age of my desktop in general, but out of all the files I've downloaded (check your torrents, people) I've only gotten one to play even close to normal, and that was by halving the video size and quitting every other application. Fuck that noise. Give me an .avi file and let me watch the damn movie.

  • The Playstation 2: Or at least my specific model of it, which I only today discovered is one of the only two revisions of the PS2 hardware that can't play the game I just spent two days downloading. I can see the disk from here, sitting there. Mocking me.

  • The company that owns my building: Thanks for not allowing us to go with satellite, thereby putting us at the mercy of Charter Communications and their choppy service. No, really, it's okay. I didn't need to watch FOX tonight. Dicks.

  • Star Wars Episode II - Attack of the Clones: It's on TV right now and there's a lot of it that actually works, but the fact that nobody could pull George aside and talk to him about the dialogue in some of these scenes...I don't have that pure fanboy bile that a lot of dudes do (I'm a Trek guy), it's more that feeling you get when you're watching a game show and somebody blows their winnings on a really easy question. Pity mixed with annoyance. "How could you fuck that up? You were so close!" That feeling.

  • That ASPCA commerical with Sarah McLachlan: For being depressing and making me want to amass a vast fortune so that I might save all the animals at risk of being put to sleep for no good reason, and for Sarah McLachlan looking damn fine and the knowledge that I will never, ever have her. Bah.

  • Me: I'm lazy as hell and for all the things in my head I'd like to write about it's like I can't be arsed to just sit here and do it. I just mindlessly surf the same sites over and over again, get bored, play some video games, bemoan the fact that I'm wasting my life and then pass out on the couch. I need a swift kick in the ass and I need it now. And by now I mean about twelve years ago.

No comments: